Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mike Wong

I recently booked my plane ticket home so I will officially be returning to America on July 20th. I know I’m ready for a change, but it will be a bittersweet departure from this city that’s been, for better or worse, home for the last two years. This means I’m now entering the phase where everything marks a potential “last” time to do something. Last night for example, I attended my penultimate French class and between that and YAGs I decided to grab some Pad Thai from a local Asian Fast Food mini-chain (by which I mean it has 2 locations).

And I honestly can’t believe I haven’t written about the magic of Mike Wong any earlier than this. Sure, I’ve only been there a few times (even “fast food” and “cheap” options in Geneva are expensive by American standards), but it’s got a unique charm. You see, Mike Wong’s “identity” blatantly rips off not 1, but 2 major American corporations. Sure, the McDonalds reference is obvious, but check out the squashed Nike swoosh that typography is riding on. Pretty amazing.

Last night’s trip was the first time I noticed the slogan on the carry-out bag:



In case you can’t make it out, that does indeed say “I’m lovin’ it too much.” Above another swoosh, of course.

Oh, Mike Wong; how I’ll miss you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home