Monday, May 19, 2008

Home Away From Home

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of entertaining friends for 3 consecutive weeks. First, a couple kids I met at a study center called L’Abri (which I’ll probably write more about at some point) came through, then Kara came over from Madrid, and most recently Andrew Schrum came through on his European adventure (and was joined for part of the time by Maggie). Since it’s now been a full 8 months since I was last home, guests are a nice way to stave off potential homesickness.

Andrew and Maggie’s visit was especially fun, given that we basically all grew up together. While I had to work Monday-Wednesday of their visit, we were still able to spend plenty of time together and we had a great time.

Here are some photos Andrew took of our Sunday afternoon in Geneva (during which we visited a total of three different parks):








We, of course, also went for fondue (convenient that there’s a great place within walking distance of my apartment)

On Tuesday I recommended they day-trip to Lausanne while I was at work and I joined them in the evening for a concert by the Go! Team at Le Romandie. We ate at a really good pizzeria/brewery and headed to the show which was really entertaining.


Andrew took this shot of Maggie and I enjoying a beer before the concert. Open containers are perfectly legal in Switzerland, something I’m definitely gonna miss upon returning home

Unfortunately, the lights were low and thus, the photos aren’t great. Here are a few nonetheless:









Unfortunately, the last train back meant both that we missed the encore and were too late for Geneva’s buses so had to walk back to my place, but it was well worth it.

Coming up: I return to Interlaken with Andrew and do some hiking and canyoning

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home