Monday, April 28, 2008

Help Me Bike For Underprivileged Kids

Dear readers of my blog, (especially my parents’ friends who have money),

As you may recall, around this time last year I helped chaperone a bike trip for high school students around Lake Geneva. I am going to have the same opportunity this year over the weekend of May 10-11, but rather than freeload completely I would like to help participate in their fund-raising project. This year the beneficiary of all funds raised for the 100km (62 mile) ride will go to Voix Libres, a local Geneva organization which works for underprivileged children in Bolivia, many of whom are forced to work in mines and garbage dumps. The unique aspect of this organization is that in order to receive help, the children must then in turn help others. You can read more at their website.

If you would like to sponsor me, you can do so in one of two ways: a pledge per km or a flat pledge for the entire distance. The Swiss Franc is currently at parity with the US dollar, so the easiest way to work this is probably to send checks to my home which my parents will deposit and I can then withdraw here.

If you are able to help me out, please send a check to:

Aaron Maurer
YFC bike trip
11554 Springtree Ct.
Pickerington, OH 43147

Additionally, please e-mail me the following information at yodini [at] yahoo [dot] com:

your name, your address, your phone number, your e-mail address, and your pledge (per km or flat).


If you are interesting in helping, please let me know by Saturday, May 10th. Thank you very much for your support and know that your contributions go to a wonderful cause!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home