Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ski Trip

A couple weekends ago, I finally made it to the slopes this winter for a bit of skiing. The YAGs winter retreat was held at Sam and Michelle’s house in Peillonex, France, this year rather than a random lodge situation like last. We had a really good turnout this time — I think something like 35-40 young adults. Of course, with the transient nature of YAGs and Geneva in general, it was a much different group than last year including a lot of people I hadn’t even met before. However, when I think about last year, it was pretty much the same situation since I had only been to a handful of group events before the retreat. So although I may have had a bit of premature nostalgia for good ol’ 2007, I had a great time nonetheless.

Saturday was the day for skiing which we did in Samoëns at a series of mountains called le Grand Massif. Unlike last year’s half-day whiteout, this time around we had clear skies and sun and a full day on the slopes. Only the last run was a bit rough with some slush accumulating. There were enough skiers this year to break into groups based on experience level, so for once, I didn’t feel like I was holding anyone back (due to my somewhat overly cautious pace). I basically stayed with my friends Chris and Sue (who I was in a bible study with last year but haven’t had a chance to see much of lately) which was a lot of fun. Couldn’t have asked for a nicer time.


Erkki consults the map


Alps


Faux-hero shot


Sue and Chris momentarily breaking from snowboarding




Getting my squint on

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I was skiing in Switzerland last Christmas. Your pictures reminded me how incredible the Alps are!
-Laura

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home