Monday, May 26, 2008

Return to Bernese Oberland, Part 2: Canyoning!

On Friday morning Andrew and I went canyoning, which involves traveling through a canyon by climbing, rappelling, jumping, swimming, etc. It just so happened that the day we went was the first time the outdoor adventure company was opening this particular passage of river for the season, so we lucked out. The weather was also much more cooperative than Adam, Julie and my failed attempt at paragliding.

It was quite a fun experience, though not nearly as physically demanding as I may have thought (or hoped). For example, the rappel was controlled entirely by the blayer and not myself. Even so, the various jumps and dives were a blast and we got our money’s worth. I bought the photos afterwards, so here are a few of those:




The crew: me at back left, Andrew front and center


The canyon




This is my "I've done actual rappelling before and this is nothing, so since you're making me take a picture I'm gonna be really enthused about it" face.




Psyching up for a jump


one of our instructors demonstrates the “Superman” dive

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home