Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Madrid, Spain Part 2: Randomness

In the final entry concerning my trip to España I’ll be sure to write about the culture and include most of my sightseeing pictures.
Here, however, are a few that don’t really fit with anything else yet should still be documented for posterity.


A beer-toting penguin is always cause for celebration, especially since stopping to grab a photo caused us to spot a Mexican restaurant for lunch (I am going through seriously withdrawal here)


Pork is a pretty big deal in Madrid. This was in a butcher shop window, and yes, those are real piglets. At first disturbing and then hilarious, before reverting back to disturbing.


This was from a shop selling various apparel with animals. In retrospect, I probably should have checked to see if this was available as a shirt…


The building on the right was a sort of living mosaic with various flora in small planters creating an abstract design. The one on the left contrasted and complimented nicely.


One of Kara’s friends was having an 80s-themed birthday at a local bar one of the nights I was there. She had clothes for the occasion; I did not. Regardless, it was fun/interesting to experience a bit of non-touristy Spanish nightlife.


This was kind of a greasy spoon type of place where we had lunch one day. I had a calamari sandwich but missed out on the patatas bravas (Spanish class comes to life!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home