Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween 2007

Hard to believe Halloween has already come and gone and it’s now November. Craziness.

However, this year the holiday seemed a bit more traditional to me than last. To kick things off, in the grand tradition of the Circus apartment last year, Nadia and I hosted an intern Halloween party at our apartment.
I was the muthaflippin’ Rhymenoceros (Bret’s rapping name) from Flight of the Conchords.

It loses a little something out of context, yet still stands on its own.



And a couple of the night’s best costumes:


Yaron as some sort of Australian(?) hayseed


Harold and the purple crayon


Okay, so Nadia’s friend Ian didn’t actually have a costume, but he quickly improvised which I found quite amusing


Part of the gang hanging out in our common room


Ain’t no party like my nana’s tea party…


I also carved a pumpkin this year (they were actually selling them in some of the local grocery stores!)…





…and toasted the seeds




On Halloween night itself I set my first trail for the running group (the Hash House Harriers) I’m part of here. My co-“hare” Pete and I did a Halloween-themed costumed run which ended up going quite well, despite running almost 24 km (having to run the trail twice, once to set and once on the actual run).


The reverse of my pumpkin, decked out for the occasion.


Pete and I both conveniently decided to be vampires for the evening


Part of the group circling up before the run


For those without costumes, we enforced a strict apple-bobbing requirement




Our dinner was at Chez ma Cousine, one of the best deals in Geneva featuring salad, fries, and half a chicken for around 15 Swiss Francs

All in all, a fun week of activities and a great way to celebrate my favorite holiday. We even saw several groups of kids our trick-or-treating during the run, which is proof that Westernization is growing—which I think, in this case, is a good thing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home