Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Music Tuesday

While my old blog was practically filled with lists of music, movies and books I was enjoying, I’ve pretty much refrained on this one, keeping it pretty much a travelogue. However, today marks the release of a new album by one of my favorite bands that deserves a wider audience, so I figured I’d spread the word however I can.

Eisley has returned with sophomore album Combinations, a beautiful set of melodic rock. The band is comprised of 3 sisters, a brother and a cousin and create gorgeous soundscapes befitting Narnia, Wonderland, Hogwarts and many other fantastic locations. While I’ve been a fan for awhile and enjoyed their first full-length album, 2004’s Room Noises, I have to admit that it didn’t quite meet my expectations. The new CD, however, is fantastic, taking the band to new heights and expanding their emotional and musical range. You can listen to Combinations in its entirety on their myspace page and support them by picking up the album or catching their (highly recommended) fall tour with Mute Math.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home