Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Genevois Usually Turn in by Ten…

…but today is Swiss National Day. I had a great day off, relaxing with a YAGs pool day and cook-out at Sam and Michelle’s house in France (a bit ironic, I know). Anyway, I got home around 9:45 and was soon assaulted with the sound of fireworks from all directions. This continued for an hour or so, which I spent running from the balcony on one side of the apartment to the one on the other to see which were best. It seriously appeared that every small village in the area had their own display, and though none were spectacular, it was nice to have a solid national holiday after spending July 4th away from home.
Here’s one of the pics I snapped from my balcony about 15 minutes ago. Happy Swiss National Day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home