Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cabin Fever

Just over a month ago now, I joined FI intern alumni Melissa and Caroline plus her boyfriend Dave on a road trip to Grächen, a small alpine village reasonably close to Zermatt (as I recall). A friend of Caroline’s family has an apartment in a Chalet (okay—not really a cabin, but how could I resist for the title?) there so we figured we should go check it out. It was a relaxing weekend with beautiful mountain views (and thin air). We had dinner one night at a traditional Swiss restaurant that had cowprint fabric on all the chairs and benches, which was fun. Coincidentally, that same night there was a punk rock show at another local joint so we kept seeing all these punk and emo teens descending upon the town. If things weren’t so blasted expensive in this country I probably would have gone to check it out. All told, it was a cool trip and a nice way to say goodbye to the girls before they returned to Canada.
Anyway, here are a few pics of the mountains and the village that weekend, along with a garden gnome for my brother.












Also, my hair was ridiculously long. I finally got it cut when I went home the following week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home