Thursday, November 22, 2007

The National in Lausanne

I love music. I love live music. Somehow, I always seem to forget this until I have the chance to go to a concert and it all comes flooding back. Last night I had the chance to see the National at an intimate little venue in Lausanne called Le Romandie with my friend Sébastien and another of his friends. And with the earlier news of the day the event was nothing short of cathartic.



This was my first time seeing the band and I was thoroughly impressed. They were on fire and whether turning it up to 11 or slowing things down a bit, they proved equally adept. While it was something of a miracle that they all managed to fit on the stage, I was reminded of college basement shows not only due to the proximity but also the energy. While the sound quality wasn’t the world’s greatest, it also wasn’t too bad for such a show. The audience was very into it and though I’m not sure how much of the crowd even spoke English, I felt like I was at home.



I hope I have the chance to see more bands there in the future and though my ears are still ringing, I’m glad I have a few more concerts coming up to look forward to.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I'm very very jealous... Boxer is probably my favorite album of 2007.

Off topic, but I just found out that Okinawa has a Hash, I'm going to check it out once I'm out of my friggin' cast. I hope you had a great thanksgiving!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

You and Paste Magazine (just named it the album of the year). It was a good show and you'll definitely have to check them out when you have a chance.

I definitely recommend hashing. You'll have to let me know how that goes. My Thanksgiving was pretty alright, despite being away from home. How was yours?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home