Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Public Service Announcements

This past weekend was pretty low-key, and I have to wait to get some photos prepared, but I wanted to post a few quick things that may be of interest/importance:

1) In case you haven’t already heard by now, Apple recalled several more laptop batteries including some for 15" PowerBooks (including mine). If you want to make sure your house doesn’t burn down, check out the list of model/serial number affected here. They’ll replace your battery free of charge and even ship to Switzerland!

2) Browsing Design Observer today I came across a link to this video. It was one of my absolute favorite things from Sesame Street as a kid: a making-of feature on Crayola crayons. I have always vividly remembered this segment, maybe due to my interest in art, love of color, the vats of melted wax, the kindly old employees whose positions have now mostly likely been taken over by machines—who knows? At any rate, it’s now available on YouTube for all to enjoy again.

3) I downloaded Skype yesterday, so if you have it we can talk for free over the internet. My user name is aaronmaurer (pretty easy, huh?), so feel free to add me. If you don’t have it yet and your computer has a built-in mic and speakers you should download it so we can talk. It seems pretty idiot-proof.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that crayon thing took me way back. Awesome.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home