Saturday, January 20, 2007

Life Updates

Life in Geneva continues to roll on.

I’m part of the core team for Shema which has been a nice way to get connected to people in the city with similar passions for community, Christ, and social justice. It’s also been a good creative outlet to get to do design for their flyers and such. I’ve also been attending the baptist church’s young adults group (YAGS) which is a good way to meet more English-speakers around my age outside of the office. Plus, the Hash continues to be an excellent mid-week release and having been here 5 months already, I feel like I have a good group of friends there.

Work has been busy but good since I’ve returned. This past week we celebrated the beginning of a new partnership with the Christian and Presentation Brothers which are two Ireland-based groups working on behalf of children around the world. As part of that, Nicki and I got to work up some logos for their org which will be called Edmund Rice International (after both groups’ founder). I’ve also been working on materials for FI’s campaign centering around St. Elizabeth of Hungary’s 800th anniversary, amdist other more mundane projects.

My two New Year’s resolutions are 1) to run the full Geneva Marathon on May 6th (coincidentally the same day as Cincinnati’s Flying Pig) and 2) to try and regularly complete the New York Times crossword puzzle. Marathon training has been nice so far due to the temperatures, but I’m sure they can’t hold out for the whole winter. Still, by the time I get to my major distance runs leading up to the race, it’ll be spring so everything will work out.
Inspired by finally seeing the documentary Wordplay, I thought the crossword might be a nice way to challenge myself on a daily basis. After all, I used to be kind of smart, so I could probably stand the stimuli. So far I’m pretty much a Monday-Wednesday level, but maybe by the end of the year I’ll be able to take a crack at the weekend edition.

I also hope to put my portfolio online at some point this year, which I’ve been saying for awhile, but I actually have all my work gathered together now so it shouldn’t be too long before I do something with it.

In the coming months I will be traveling to Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, and potentially Amsterdam. If you’ve been to any of these cities and have suggestions of places to visit, eat at, or anything else please feel free to let me know.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home