Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why I Support Barack Obama

As we are now a mere fifteen days away from the election and the campaigns are getting even uglier (especially from one particular side of the aisle), I think it’s a good time to look at why I support Barack Obama in the first place. Of course, his platform is the most important aspect of this since it’s his actual plan for America. However, there are many other reasons why I have been devoting the better part of my time back at home to volunteering locally for Barack. While I could enumerate them all, that would likely just preach to the choir. Instead, I’d like to suggest to any undecided voters out there that they watch one or all of the following three speeches. Sure, the McCain campaign has given Barack a lot of flack for his eloquence, but I believe intelligence isn’t something to be sneered at, especially when it serves to articulate the core of what someone stands for. There are certainly many people out there who don’t consider themselves Democrats and probably didn’t focus too closely on the Primaries, waiting until the real contest we are experiencing now. For those, I submit these prime examples of why Barack Obama inspires me and why he’s the right man to lead our nation into the next chapter of our history.

DNC Keynote Address, August 2004



A More Perfect Union, March 2008


Speech at Apostolic Church of God on Father’s Day, June 2008


Additionally, as part of my local volunteering I’ve been blogging for the Pickerington Campaign for Change office about various events in and around Fairfield County, Ohio. You can find that blog here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger NewVee said...

Aaron, I work with your mother, and I like her am very proud of you for fighting the good fight to put Barack in office. Your work is highly appreciated by us Obama supporters!!
Sincerely,
Vicki

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home