Monday, September 01, 2008

Venice, Italy: The Final Eurotrip

The weekend before I departed Geneva (and, therefore, Europe) I finally made my way to Venice, a destination I had been wanting to get to since my arrival two years prior. The beauty of the city certainly lives up to the hype, though the prices of everything there do as well. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and departed on Tuesday afternoon, giving me plenty of time to explore, visit some nice art museums and have a final taste of authentic Italian food. What a place.

Worth a few thousand words:


The Grand Canal


There were plenty of thunderstorms and plenty of sunshine during my visit. The times when both converged made for some amazing lighting.


They love their St. Mark in Venice. His winged lion is all over the place, including the Basilica.


Carnival masks are all over the gift shops of the city.






the grand staircase at the Doge’s Palace


the towers of the Basilica







Arrivederci Italia!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are a much better photographer than I - your Venice pictures put mine to shame.
:(
In other news, I remain unemployed and in Pickerington. I haven't the slightest idea of your current life situation, but I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you (that one time) in London and would enjoy spending time with someone other than my parents and my 14-year-old brother. So, if you're around, let me know.
:)

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home